Sunday, May 17, 2009

God Bless America

A thought came to me last night. Since the United States Constitution says that the individual receives their rights from a Supreme Being. I have a real problem with our Government systematically taking those rights away from us. Now since that same Government didn't have the power to give those rights to us I don't believe they should have the power to take them away from us.
What I have started doing is to ask that Supreme Being (in my case God) to help stop this madness in our Government and help us see what needs to be done. I pray about it and if enough people pray for it I don't think God will abandon us. The thing is that God also gave us Free Will and if we keep quiet and let this happen He may also keep quiet and let it happen.
What I would like to ask is that EVERYONE ask God everyday to help us overcome the systematic attack on the rights and freedoms that He bestowed on us with the help of The Founding Fathers laid out in our Constitution.

No comments: